Lactic acid is a member of the Alpha Hydroxy group of molecules that promote desquamation of the stratum corneum.
Skin Type Indications:
Aging, acneic or keratizined skin. Tolerated by most skin types for full timing. Can be used up to 5 minutes on any Fitzpatrick skin type. This peel can be repeated every 4 weeks.
– Hypersensitivity or anyone highly allergic
– Severely dry and dehydrated skin or those with a compromised lipid barrier
– Accutane® with the past year
– Pregnancy or nursing
– Glycolic acid or salicylic acid within past week
– Retin-A® or Renova® within the past week
– Herpetic breakout
– Open wounds or suspicious lesions
Three Strengths: 30%, 35% and 45%